Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pretty or Productive Planning


Hello, Butterflies

When you plan do you Pretty Plan or do you Productive plan?

I have planned both ways and find they both work for me to get things done. 






When I pretty plan I find adding stickers or doodling on a page to make the spread eye pleasing. I find that sitting down and planning out the layout of my stickers or doodles help me relax. Also during me playing with my stickers or doodling in my house I find that we have a more relaxed conversation with each other. I plan out my spreads each Saturday morning well everyone is eating breakfast and we don't have any electronics on during this time. In a way it makes me feel like its a holiday each Saturday morning, having nothing rushing us and having that time to talk and joke around with each other.




Most of my productive planning is done in the same way as my pretty planning on Saturday mornings with the family. The reason I use the productive planning is as we are going to be busy later that day, or it's going to be a busy week. I find when I have a busy week ahead it easier for me to just write the tasks, appointments, and projects then placing them on a sticker. I also find with just writing them out I have more room in the daily sections. 





I have found that I want the Pretty and Productive planning. So for me, I have just gone to using color pens when writing out my plans for the week. This way I have the space to write in and I can have a color code for the different events and task of each person in my house.  This way I can still have the pretty colors that I am looking for and the space to fill in everything I need to do each day.

I still have them weeks that I will get out the stickers and use them on a spread. I have those weeks I just want all the writing in one color. I also have those weeks of doing both with stickers and writing in different color pens. 

The point I am trying to make is if your Pretty planning and find that you're getting everything done that you planned Stick to it! If your Pretty planning and not getting much done then change it up, go back to the basic with paper and one pen. 

If your Productive planning and find that your getting things done and like the look of the spread Stick to it! If your Productive planning getting things done but tired of looking at the same thing change it up add color pens to your spread. 

Your spreads are there to keep you on track! So do what you find helps at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment