Thursday, April 12, 2018

How I made my bookmarks



Hello, Butterflies

Have you ever had a bookmark that falls out when you pick up your Travelers notebook? Do you get tired of when you open your TN the bookmark slides out?

Will today I would like to show you how I make my bookmarks so that they don't fall out. 


Supplies for this project:

  • Laminating Pouches
  • Laminator
  • Scissors or Paper Cutter
  • Decorative paper
  • Ruler
  • Pen

I first off take the Decorative paper and cut it into the shape I would like my bookmark. This would also mean cutting the tab shape at the top of the Decorative paper. You can cut the word "Today" or " This Month" that part is up to you how you want the tab to look when it is peeking out your TN.

I then open my Laminating pouch with the seam on the left side. Now it's up to you what side of the decorative paper to be the front or back. Place the decorative paper in the pouch all the way to the right, but leave enough room for them to seal closed.

Run your sheet thought the Liminator to seal closed.

Now when I am cutting the excess of the laminating sheet, I do not cut the sheet on the left side of the bookmark yet. I  measure 2 inches from the side of the bookmark paper side and mark it with a pen.

I then cut the laminating sheet on the 2 inches mark, now you have a flap of an extra laminating sheet. Bend the extra flap over but don't bend or fold the decorative paper. 

Now you can leave the flap like it is or you can cut flap to have smaller flaps. All you will need to do is to cut the center section out the flap.

So it will look like this... 


I slide these flaps into the fold of the insert binding. 




I will push the bookmark all the way to the decorative paper. The flaps will be sticking out further back in your insert. This will keep the bookmark from falling out your TN and make it easier to move at any time you need to move it.


I hope this helps you if you have the problem of your bookmark falling out.

If you have any questions please leave them down in the commits.  

Please Join us in the Facebook Group PlanneryButterfly We would love to hear from you.



As always Have a Good Day Butterflies


No comments:

Post a Comment