Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Dutch Door Layout in a TN Insert



Hello, Butterflies

Have you seen those videos with Bullet Journalers doing a Dutch Door layout? They are able to cut part of the page to see the whole week or month. Are you using a Travelers Notebook and want to do this layout, but don't want to cut the page in your insert.

In my Travelers Notebook, I don't bind my inserts, so that I don't have to worry if the staples are cutting into the elastic band holding them in. For me to cut pages for the Dutch Door layout it makes the insert lay off in my TN. and I find it hard to keep the insert together. 

I enjoy the look of the Dutch Door layout, so instead of cutting a page I just simply fold the page in half that would be cut otherwise.

This way I can unfold the page and lay it flat when closing my TN, or leave it folded to mark my page. with doing it this way I won't have an uneven page, I will have a flat surface to write on when moving on in my TN.

Here is an example of how I do my Dutch Door layout.



This is what the spread looks like when the pages are flat.












I find with doing the Dutch Door layout I am still able to see all my information for the week. I also find that with doing a Dutch Door layout I use fewer pages in my inserts and Bullet Journal.

So give it a try and see if it works with your planning style.

I hope this has helped you find other ways you can do the Dutch Door layout without cutting your pages.



If you have any questions please free to leave them below!



As always Have a Good Day Butterflies





No comments:

Post a Comment