Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Project Planning


Hello, Butterflies


Do you Love Project planning or do you Hate it? Today I would like to share with you how I started Project Planning about a month ago. 

I struggle to project plan, I would break a task into chunks but they end up being too big of chunks and leave me feeling overwhelmed.  So one day I decided that there had to be a better way to project plan, so I  started researching on Youtube. I ran across this video by Michelle Chouinard, she broke down how to project plan as a writer. If you would like to see her video Project Planning in a Bullet Journal.

After watching Michelle video the light bulb come on. I know what I was doing wrong! I was taking the task and breaking them into big of chunks. I was also not giving myself a goal for each task I was doing. So by the end of the day, I did not complete what I was hoping to get done.

I am not a writer like Michelle is, it was time to try to adapt her method to my projects. I am a blogger, a student, and entrepreneur, also wife and mother. So I have many projects going on at one time.  

So I sat down with my Traveler's Notebook, open it to a blank page in my project insert. I add 6 categories to the page Home, Personal, Business, Blog, Other, and Pending.


I wrote each project that I have going on at the time. I left the blog column larger than the reset due to adding blog post ahead of time. This part is pretty easy. 

Now it's time to break out the sticky notes!


On the following page, I made 2 columns Project and Next Action. Will I took it one more step and did the same on the page next to it.  I decided that I would make the page on the left just for Blogging and the page on the right would be for the rest of my categories. This way I could keep all blog project together. I would be also changing the sticky notes on the left more than I would be on the right. The project that I place on the right is usually longer projects.

How I have it laid out here blues and pinks are my project names and the yellow sticky notes are the action step I am working on. 

Each week I will add in 3 or 4 action steps to do during the week if I complete the action step for a project I will add the next action step for the project that went with that project. By the end of the week, I make sure that I have completed the action steps I put in at the beginning of the week and move any action step to the following week if not completed.

I encourage you to check Michelle Chouinard video Project Planning in a Bullet Journal.

If you have any questions please feel free to leave them down below.

As Always Have A Good Day Butterflies, See You Soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment